Packaging xmlrpc-c

Hello!

I'm the author of xmlrpc-c, a library implementing XML-RPC for C and C++.
(XML-RPC is a simple RPC protocol typically used for talking to web
applications.  It works by sending XML messages over HTTP, which is a bit
of a strange way to do things, but it's nice for talking to Zope and
similar applications.)  You can find it online at:

  http://xmlrpc-c.sourceforge.net/

I've made some very rough Debian packages:

Known problems:

  1) The query-meerkat and meerkat-app-list programs are broken, thanks
     to a server update at <http://meerkat.oreillynet.com/>.  This will be
     worked around in the next version.
  2) One of the Perl scripts in xmlrpc-c-dev depends on
     libfrontier-rpc-perl, but this dependency hasn't been added to the
     xmlrpc-c-dev package yet.
  3) Several of the man pages are links to unimplemented(7).  I'll fix
     this soon.
  4) I get a lintian warning for calling ldconfig in postrm, even though I
     only call it from the 'remove' rule, in accordance with policy.  Have
     I done something wrong?
  5) xmlrpc-c includes its own copy of expat (under a different soname) for
     binary compatibility with other Linux versions.  I'd prefer not to
     change this, because it would make it hard for my users to build
     binaries that worked on more than one distro.
  6) I stuck the *.so.* files into xmlrpc-c0, and the *.so files into
     xmlrpc-c-dev, since they're only used when compiling.  It this the
     correct procedure for Debian?
  7) The modules are named xmlrpc-c0, xmlrpc-c-dev and xmlrpc-c-apps.
     Should I use a different naming convention?

So those are all the problems I *know* about. ;-)  Are there any others
which I've missed entirely?

Also, how does one go about finding a sponsor?

Cheers,
Eric