Re: one package, many libraries. dependency break!

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 07:28:47PM +0200, Domenico Andreoli wrote:
> the problem is dpkg-shlibdeps that figures out the package(s) from which
> this should depend on. in fact it sees that libpspell-impl depends on
> libpspell and adds libpspell2 (which is the package that provides it,
> that is this) to the dependecy list. so i get a package that depends
> on itself.

Actually dpkg-shlibdeps will use the shlibs file of the installed version
of libpspell2, not the one you're building.  This is even worse :)

In the past I have solved this problem by invoking dpkg-shlibdeps
with a LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting that makes it find the libaries in
the build tree.  This way you get a warning that it couldn't find
what package provides them, but you don't get a bogus dependency.
I haven't found a cleaner solution.

--
Richard Braakman
Looking for a job writing free software.