Conflict with debian/files

Hi,

I think I've found a problem with debhelper... I don't see it in the bug
tracking system, so I want to run it past someone...

I'm using dh_movefiles, which uses a package file called
"<package>.files", or "files" which applies to the main package only. This
appears to conflict with (I think) dpkg-genchanges, which clobbers
debian/files with some information about the built packages. So the next
time the package is built it fails because dh_movefiles can't find the files
specified in the new debian/files...

I think I can work around this because I'm using dh_installinfo and such to
move the files instead, but it seems to be un-workaround-able for anyone who
needs to use dh_movefiles...

Anyone know if this has been reported or fixed? I don't see it... Should I
file a bug? I've never filed one; I'm scared! ;)

-- Brett