Re: OK to use /etc/default for non-init script default data?

Marc Haber wrote:
> This is the way to do it for an init script. Is it OK to have a file
> in  /etc/default that does not provider defaults for an init script
> but for an executeable called by users?

I don't know. I don't see a lot of advantage over just putting the
conffile in /etc.

There is something to be said for leaving /etc/default/ only for init
scripts. Of course, "default" is perhaps not the best name for it if it
only holds init script configs.

--
see shy jo