Test package of apg available for review (was: Intent to Rewrite: pwgen)

On Fri, 01 Jun 2001 11:52:19 +0200, Marc Haber
<debian-devel.lists.debian.org@marc-haber.de> wrote:
>On Thu, 31 May 2001 08:55:11 -0400, tytso@valinux.com wrote:
>>So because of the licensing issues of the existing pwgen program (see
>>Debian bug #39130) --- basically, there is no licensing statement, and
>>without being able to identify all the people who have worked on it, it
>>will be difficult to resolve them --- I've taken up the challenge of
>>rewriting it from scratch.  It turns out that the existing code is
>>overly complicated and somewhat buggy, and it's easier to rewrite it
>>from scratch than to fix the existing code anyway.
>
>Are you aware of apg (http://www.adel.nursat.kz/apg/)? It comes with a
>DFSG-free license and seems to do a much better job of generating
>passwords. I have filed an ITP a few weeks ago, didn't get around to
>package it yet

... and did it today. A lintian clean test package for sid is
available to download from http://q.bofh.de/~mh/debian/apg/, and I
would appreciate if somebody could take a close look at the package
and tell me if there are any serious packaging flaws or policy
violations as this is my first package that I did without help ;)

I'd especially appreciate if somebody could check the GPG signatures
on the package since I have only recently become a developer and would
like to see if everything is OK with my key.

One more thing: apg can be built as a standalone binary and as a
client/server version. Is it OK to have a source package that only
generates a binary package for the standalone binary, or am I to
generate three binary packages: apg, apg-server and apg-client?

Thanks.

Greetings
Marc