Re: first questions

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Wolfgang Sourdeau wrote:
> paragraph 6.4.1 it is mentionned that the archive maintainer will
> chose the appropriate category for a package. Does this mean that one
> should take arrangement with him before uploading the package (so as

Most just peruse the archive, find the category they think is more
appropriate, and use that. If the archive maintainer does not agree with
you, he will adjust the overrides file and dinstall/katie will send you
email notifying of the disparity (the package will still be installed).

> The dh_installchangelogs doesn't accept a ChangeLog parameter when the
> package is a native debian package. However, the GNU HaliFAX project

I've had that problem, too. I simply do the whole changelog install by hand
instead of calling dh_installchangelogs.

> missed something? If the latter is true, what exactly is the problem
> and what can be done about it. For the moment, I am "fooling" this
> utility by adding a Debian release number ("0.21.0-1") instead of
> having it be the same as the native release number ("0.21.0").

You're not the only one using a debian revision field in a native package
format source package... the current understanding is that it is OK to do
so.  The last proposal to forbid it (which happens to be mine, see the
debian-policy BTS pages if you're interested in the subject) stalled, with
outstanding objections (i.e. it will not be accepted into policy).

  Henrique Holschuh