Re: corel install

> just tried the corel linux second edition ... went pretty
> well.
> but it dont run the lexmark printer even though it does find
> it.
> is it spozed to be normal, EPP, or ECP?
> I tried all three cmos settings without result.
> it dont say there's an error, just sorta blinks when I tell it
> to print. no reset of the printer during a cold boot.

I guess it should be normal. Yet this is only a guess. The printer's docs or
Lexmark's web site will probably help you more.
It could be that finding out the exact bios setting will not suffice. In that
case please seek help in the Printing HOWTO and/or the file
Documentation/parport.txt.gz which is part of the kernel documentation. You
will probably need to load some kernel module but I do not remember the
details.

As a side note you should be aware to the fact the this list is for people who
seek help in preparing software packages in the format that Debian
distributes. As far as I know Corel Linux uses the same format. For general
help for users of the Debian distribution there is the debian-user mailing
list. It might be that Corel has a similar list for users of Corel Linux.