Specifing library version.

Hello,

I have package which use shared library. I have problem with linking
binary from this package against certain version of shared library.

For example I have source package foo of version 2.3.5 - this compile into
binary foo and library libfoo. As I understand from Debian policy I have
to change it and my binary package libfoo has to have shared library
libfoo.so.2.3.5 + symlink to this library libfoo.so.2. Binary package then
depends on package libfoo version 2.3.5 and binary foo is linked against
libfoo.so.2.

What I really don't know is how can I link binary foo against libfoo.so.2.

Thanks,

Karel
--
 Karel Gardas                           e-mail: karel.gardas@netbeans.com