Re: Gnome mini-freeze...

On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 01:47:08AM -0500, Eric Gillespie, Jr. wrote:
> I've CC'd the debian-mentors list in hopes that some NMs or
> candidate NMs will volunteer. I offer to sponsor any uploads.

What about us existing maintainers, would it be possible for us to
volunteer? ;)

> ghex
> gnome-user-docs
> panelmm

> anjuta
> atomix
> firestarter
> fpm**
> galeon
> gfax
> gnome-lokkit
> googlizer
> radioactive
> toutdoux**

Can you provide a short bit of description for these? It's not likely people
will go hunt around the upstream web site searching for thirteen programs...

> Furthermore, task-gnome-desktop is totally bogus. I think we need
> to toss out all the task-gnome-* packages. They shouldn't be task
> packages anyway. I propose the following meta-packages:

Yeah, but then they wouldn't show up in tasksel. :)

BTW you might want to the RFPs to the wnpp, too.