uupdate and .rej files

As some of you told me, I try to use uupdate with new upstream release.
I know that uupdate try to apply the diff.gz patches to the new upstream
versione and when I can't do it cleanly creates a .rej file.

I can't understand what the .rej files really are.
It seems to me that the corrisponding file (without .rej extensione) is
not the origianl upstream version of the file nor the previous version
one.

And also, more important, what I have to do with a .rej file ?
I guess that I have to integrate this file with the corrisponding file
but I can't understand exactly what I have to look for ...

Moreover, the package seems to work correctly even if I ignore the
existence of .rej file, is it possible ?

Help needed

TIA

--
	- Zack -

Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@cs.unibo.it> ICQ# 33538863
Home Page: http://www.students.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
Undergraduate Student of Computer Science at University of Bologna, Italy
SysAdm of verdicchio.students.cs.unibo.it (130.136.3.134)
	"Information wants to be Open"