strange apt-get problem

I've made potato versions of my webmin packages available at an aptable
archive.  One of those, webmin-ssl has a depends line like this:

Depends: perl, debconf,libnet-ssleay-perl,libauthen-pam-perl

I'm getting reports when people do an apt-get install webmin-ssl, they get
the following error message.  Even though they have debconf, and
libnet-ssleay-perl installed:

or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  webmin-ssl: Depends: debconf
              Depends: libnet-ssleay-perl but it is not going to be installed
E: Sorry, broken packages

Q1:  Why is apt-get refusing to install libnet-ssleay-perl?

Q2:  Even after manually install the dependencies, why does apt-get refuse
to install webmin-ssl?

Any insights welcome.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>