Re: Question about testing and multi binaries ...

Sven LUTHER <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> wrote:
>Say i have a multi-binary package, where one of the binaries does not get
>build for one of the arches (namely arm in this case).
>
>In this case, does the binaries that get build for all arches go into testing,
>and not the one which only gets build for some of them, or does all the
>binaries from the source package need to get build.

All binaries need to be in sync on all architectures if they are
present, but they're allowed to be absent. The whole source package and
all binaries built from it are treated as a single unit for the purposes
of testing.

If you've stopped building a binary package for one architecture, you
need to make sure the ftpmasters remove it from that architecture
(they'll probably notice themselves eventually, but filing a bug against
ftp.debian.org doesn't hurt) before it can get into testing. If it was
never built for that architecture, it doesn't matter.

>Is there any documentation on making multi binary packages ? I did search a
>lot around, and the only thing i found is the
>/usr/share/doc/debhelper/examples/rules.multi and multi2 files, which don't
>explain that much, and don't seem very readable ...

Looking at multi-binary packages by competent maintainers?