Re: ChangeLogs and a pure debian package.

> "Sean 'Shaleh' Perry" <shaleh@valinux.com> writes:
> =20
> > a "pure debian" package as you put it should really only be for items=
>  written
> > for debian by debian devels.  Anything else can be treated as a stand=
> ard
> > package.
>
>   I would add that only pure Debian packages should include the 'debian'
>   directory. I've seen some tarballs including a debian directory left
>   unmaintained after a first attempt to package the application.

Your words are not clear to me.

All pure Debian packages must included a debian directory.  Non-native
packages may or may not include a debian directory in the upstream
source file.  (Upstream source is upstream source.  If the upstream
author provides an old/obsolete debian directory in the upstream tarball,
you should not remove it.)  Non-native packages must contain a debian
directory after the Debian diff has been applied to the upstream source
tarball.

Eric