Re: some good advice for using cvs-buildpackage

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 06:59:22PM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 09:54:19AM +0100, Mikael Hedin wrote:
>
> > How do you cope with packages that use autoconf?  I.e. for each compile they
> > updates some (Make)files, and the they get into the .diff.gz, even though
> > they could (and hence should) be left out.
>
> Packages which use autoconf should remove the Makefiles in their
> "make clean" target, which is called by dpkg-buildpackage before
> running dpkg-source. Any package that does not do so is broken, and
> should be fixed.

No, for GNU programs, "make clean" is not supposed to delete Makefiles
- but "make distclean" is. dpkg-buildpackage executes not "make
clean", but "debian/rules clean". Your clean rule in debian/rules
should then execute the "make distclean".

Regards,

  Richard

--
  __   _