Re: ${shlibs:Depends} problem

First of all, PLEASE turn off HTML in your mails.

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 04:45:52PM -0800, scud wrote:
>when I try to build any debian package the  ${shlibs:Depends}  statement
>in control file seems not to work. The place in "Depends:" line, where the
>xlib,... should be listed, is free. dh_shlibdepends and dh_gencontrol are
>present in "rules" file.

You should verify that there are binaries actually installed in places where
dh_shlibdeps is looking, debian/<something>/usr/bin or so. If that's okay,
then check what ldd/objdump says about them.

>  And something else...  the "dh_movefiles" line in "rules" is missing "#"
>char every time I run  dh_make -l

Er, what? There shouldn't be any hashes needed on that line... see
/usr/share/debhelper/dh_make/debianl/rules for the original template; maybe
there's a bug somewhere.