Re: How do I depend on a specific kernel version?

On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 07:03:24PM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> ... which doesn't seem to depend on a 2.4 kernel.

Well, realistically, it would be unfair to presume that someone wasn't
either running a 2.4.x kernel, or even that they weren't running a 2.2
kernel with the iptables stuff backported. Who knows. There are too
may variables, especially since a lot of people (myself included)
often build our kernels without kpkg, and wouldn't necessarily have
something to depend on.

Or, if you don't want to trust the iptables dependency, you could put
a message in the preinst reminding the user that they won't be able to
use it without a iptables-compatible kernel.

aubin
--
"In such an ugly time the real protest is beauty." - Refused