building binary-only package with different name?

I have a package which can be build both on potato and on woody,
but the resulting binary package for woody won't install on potato.
Vica-versa, I don't know - just assume that it won't install either.

Now I want to create two separate binary packages, or rather, I would
like to create two versions of the same binary package. One should be
installable on woody and is simply called package-version_i386.deb
and another one should be installable on potato and is called
something else, maybe package-version_potato_i386.deb.
(By the way, I don't want to upload the potato version; I just want to
provide the potato version on my webpage).

If I first build the package on woody, put the resulting binary package
aside (.deb and .changes) and then build build the package on potato
with dpkg-buildpackage -b, then (1) the potato version of the .changes file
does not refer to the source files and (2) the potato version is called
exactly the same as the woody version.

Now point (1) is not so bad, but I don't like (2): two different versions of
the same thing with the same name. Dpkg-buildpackage just asked me to sign
the package, so I can't just rename the files.

So now the real question: is there a way to do a binary-only build and call
the result something different from the default name? Or should I simply
perform all steps that dpkg-buildpackage -b does by hand and rename the
files before signing?

Peter
--
Peter van Rossum, Department of Mathematics, University of Nijmegen,
Toernooiveld 1, 6525 ED Nijmegen, The Netherlands, Phone: +31-24-3652997,