Re: Building: w or w/o Stripping, w or w/o debugging symbols

On Friday 26 January 2001 18:06, Colin Watson wrote:
> Florian Hinzmann <fh@bigfoot.de> wrote:
> >On 25-Jan-2001 Colin Watson wrote:
> >> Most of the example code I showed was just setting Makefile variables,
> >> so it should go outside any targets (normally near the top of
> >> debian/rules). Depending on the structure of the upstream Makefile, you
> >> might need to arrange for those parameters to be passed to it in some
> >> other way. It varies from package to package.
> >
> >I have placed the example code from Debian Policy inside debian/rules
> >near the top of the file. I changed the packages' configure.in and some
> >instances of Makefile.in so the program is built with the proper
> >CFLAGS finally. This way I did my first steps with autoconf, automake
> >and it was worth its hours.  ;)
>
> If you can avoid changing configure.in and Makefile.in (actually, I hope
> that's Makefile.am?), then please do. Otherwise you can end up with huge
> diffs to the generated configure and Makefile.

But if you can not avoid changing configure.in you can avoid big diffs if you
remove all Makefile.ins with the command 'clean' in your debian/rules.

--
Mariusz Przygodzki       | debian@Linux Expo Road Show
dune@home.pl             | local coordinator