Re: debian infrastructure out of sync? where's the reference debian package archive?

On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 05:39:56PM +0100, T.Pospisek's MailLists wrote:
> A user reported to me that he can't find libstl for unstable. I checked
> and it was available on my mirror and I told him so thinking maybe it was
> a problem with pools and the package being somewhere in the middle of a
> transfer. Upon which he later reported that it even wasn't available on
> the main debian server (ftp.debian.org). I checked again later and it was
> there, but:
>
> http://packages.debian.org/unstable/text/xxdiff.html
>
> is still listing libstlport as NOT AVAILABLE, but:
>
> http://cgi.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=libstl&searchon=names&version=all&release=all
>
> on the contrary says it's there.

Yes, but had you tried to download it, it would have failed. The web pages
for removed packages don't get removed automatically, unfortunately; I have
some idea how to fix that, we'll see.

> Any comments? Is there anybody particular I should tell/bug about this?

Change the dependencies of your package to list libstlport41 or something?