Re: binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath: please help me to undestand (bug #78232)

Domenico,

> > Does the shlibs.local file you posted work the way you want it to?  If so,
> oh my shlibs.local works the way i want. it's ok.

> > adding the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to dpkg-shlibdeps will fix the warning message...
> > I don't know what else needs fixing?

> what i want to understand end to fix is this error message.
>                ^^^^^^^^^^

When dpkg-shlibdeps looks at a binary, it calls 'ldd' to find out where the
libraries are that the program is linked to.  *Any* libraries that ldd can't
find will generate a warning message.  If you want to get rid of the warning,
just call LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./debian/<dir>/usr/lib dpkg-shlibdeps in
debian/rules (dh_shlibdeps -l./debian/<dir>/usr/lib with debhelper).  Since
you're using debian/shlibs.local /anyway/, the warning isn't too dangerous
because you will override what's in the DEBIAN/libcurl.shlibs file; but if you
want the build to be clean, this is how to correct the warning.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer