Re: dh_shlibdeps quirky behaviour

On Sat, Jan 20, 2001 at 05:02:16PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> Francis Irving wrote:
> > Basically, when dh_shlibdeps runs from within dpkg-buildpackage
> > -rfakeroot it doesn't generate the file debian/substvars.  If
> > I run it at the command line from the same directory, it
> > correctly generates the file.
>
> You probably have some DH_COMPAT setting in your rules file.

Aha! That's exactly the help I needed.

The rules file had DH_COMPAT set to 2, but I was installing the files into
debian/tmp rather than debian/pygame.  Some rogue code copied from
DH_COMPAT=1 days.

So at the command line with DH_COMPAT defaulting to 1, dh_shlibdeps looked
in debian/tmp and found the files.  In the rules makefile with DH_COMPAT=2
it looked in debian/pygame, found nothing, so made no dependencies
substvar.

Thanks!

Francis

--