Re: help creating bare debian install on msdos partition

Tim <timmp3@yahoo.com> writes:

> Please help. I'm new to debian and linux too.  I found
> a distribution of linux based off of slackware called
> dragon linux (www.dragonlinux.net).  This is a
> distribution that installs on a msdos partition with
> everything under a directory like c:\linux.  They use
> a loop back filesystem to make linux more effecient
> using FAT or FAT32.  I would like help doing the same
> thing using the debian distribution.  I just want help
> on putting the base system on a msdos partition and
> better yet help with doing this loop back file system
> thing they are talking about.
>
> I wish to maybe document this and publish it with
> debian as a howto.  If I do, just think, with your
> help, we could benefit the Debian linux community by
> bringing people who do everything in MSWindows to the
> Linux fold.

     I believe Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> did something much
like this, but I don't remember the details.   I don't know if he is
on this list, so you might mail him directly to ask about it.

Bob
--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard      <hilliard@debian.org>