Re: When is DAM approval supposed to happen?

On Sat, Jan 13, 2001 at 12:31:55AM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Jan 2001 dvdeug@hushmail.com wrote:

> > If it takes a year to complete my application, I will quit. I have a number
> > of other projects I'd like to do - Project Gutenberg, GCC, several free
> > software projects of my own. It's not worth hanging around a year for a
> > project to accept me as a volunteer. It's unreasonable to hinder a volunteer
> > from doing work for Debian for a year for no good reason - and having one
> > person as a bottleneck is not a good reason.
>
> Please explain which work was impossible for you because you aren't a
> developer until now? Do you have a personal problem with my sponsorship
> for your packages or what other work is impossible for you without a
> Debian account?

I didn't intend to keep this thread alive, but I keep seeing this kind of
pointless response ("what is wrong with being sponsored"). Yet none of
the respondents ever seems willing (or eager) to resign their debian
developer status and become of the `sponsored'. ]

Why should he have to explain that?

I mean if you see nothing wrong with the current situation why don't
you resign as a debian developer and allow me to sponsor your packages?

I mean nothing you need to do should be impossible even if you are not
a developer, right?

Anand

--
   I close my eyes, only for a moment and the moment's gone
   All my dreams, pass before my eyes a curiosity