Re: package must upgrade another

On Sat, Jan 20, 2001 at 12:18:27AM +0300, Peter Novodvorsky wrote:

> Many user's don't know about abiword-expat and abiword-xml because
> they don't replace package named 'abiword'.
> I'm going to NMU abiword as it has RC bug about LATIN2 input that is
> fixed in 0.7.12 (current version of abiword-* (not 'abiword') is
> 0.7.11), So I decided to fix this ugly bug.
>
> I can't find the solution. How should I set relatives of packages so
> after apt-get upgrade, user  will get abiword 0.7.12?

    Make abiword an empty package containing no files, but depending
on abiword-expat.  Change the description so that people know that
they can delete it once they have upgraded.

--
Zed Pobre <zed@debian.org> a.k.a. Zed Pobre <zed@resonant.org>
PGP key and fingerprint available on finger; encrypted mail welcomed.