Re: Debian native package?

Chris Danis:

> I'm in the NM queue, currently packaging tclbabel, a piece of
> software I have written myself. Because I am both upstream and
> possibly Debian maintainer, should this be such a native package?

It could be, but it does not need to. I have made the programs I write
myself native packages, for the simplicty of it not to have to maintain
two sets of files, now I have everything, including the Debianization
files in one CVS repository. I make new releases whenever I change
anything, even if I only do a change to the OS/2 version of the
program, I still compile it for all platforms.

However, another program that I am the co-maintainer of there are
Debianization scripts in the CVS of the project, but they are not part
of the package itself, and they create a diff file.

So, it's really a judgement call.

--
\\//
peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/

  Statement concerning unsolicited e-mail according to Swedish law:
  http://www.softwolves.pp.se/peter/reklampost.html