Debian native package?

Hey,

What exactly is a Debian-native package? I've seen definitions from "a package
with no upstream source" to "written especially for Debian," which seem kind
of orthogonal to me. Here's my situation:

I'm in the NM queue, currently packaging tclbabel, a piece of software I have
written myself. Because I am both upstream and possibly Debian maintainer,
should this be such a native package?

I've looked through policy, the developer's reference, and a few other places
- even mailing list archives. Is there a place I missed, maybe?

thanks,

-chris
--
"Meat. They're made out of meat."