Re: When is DAM approval supposed to happen?

At Sat, 13 Jan 2001 00:31:55 +0100 (CET), Adrian Bunk <bunk@fs.tum.de> wrote:
>Please explain which work was impossible for you because you aren't
>developer until now? Do you have a personal problem with my sponsorship
>for your packages or what other work is impossible for you without a
>Debian account?

It wasn't intended as a complaint about your sponsership; I have had absoluetly
no problems with it. Personally, I've had no complaints about my application
process. But that doesn't mean that other people don't have valid complaints
about theirs.

Nothing is impossible; but I've been waiting to be a Debian developer to
get access to a Debian/PowerPC machine, in order to port icont to the PowerPC.

It's not so much a matter of possible, but convientant, or fair. I took
the time to notify my sponser and application manager when I went on vacation,
 and how I could be contacted at that time. If the DAM was going on vacation,
 I don't find it unreasonable to request that he mention it on debian-newmaintainer-
discuss, or at least to the people whose applications would waiting.

(BTW: To the person who said life isn't fair: That fact should not stop
us from trying to make it so, any more than enthropy should stop us from
creating.)

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org