Re: transition from suidmanager to dpkg-statoverride

Joey Hess:

> Hmm. If you run chrmod in the postinst, you will clobber any different
> permissions that the user has set with statoverride.

Well, I remove the statoverride (previously suidmanager stuff) in the postrm
as well, so I need to re-instate them there.

> I think it may work to examine dpkg-statoverride --list file, and if a
> statoverride is set, do nothing, else do the chmod/chgrp.

I'll have a look into that.

--
\\//
peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/

  Statement concerning unsolicited e-mail according to Swedish law:
  http://www.softwolves.pp.se/peter/reklampost.html