Re: Grouping dependencies

Goswin Brederlow <goswin.brederlow@student.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

Thank you very much.

> Hmm, this has been asked before. There is a solution.

  I would love to see a FAQ referencing all problems with their solution
  that were mentioned on -devel and -mentors. This would avoid us to
  ask the same questions over and over.

> Depends: B | C, B | E, C | D, D | E
> B, D   :   *      *      *      *    : works
> C, E   :   *      *      *      *    : works
> B, E   :   *      *    -----    *    : fails
> C, D   :   *    -----    *      *    : fails
>
> But b,c,d or b,c,e or even b,c,d,e will also work, which should not be
> a problem.

  This is a good solution although it is a bit verbose.

  Could we envisage to see improved regexp for expressing such cases
  in dpkg some day ?

--
Jérôme Marant <jerome.marant@free.fr>

http://jerome.marant.free.fr