Re: Sponsoring a package

On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 03:23:59PM -0800, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> On 28-Dec-2001 Andrew McMillan wrote:
> > I'm just about to upload a package that Chris Halls has adopted.  Since
> > he is not yet a DD he wants me to sponsor it for him.
> >
> > I have reviewed what he is done, and I'm happy with it.  Now I want to
> > upload it.
> >
> > Should I set myself as maintainer, or should I just sign it?
>
> he is the maintainer, bugs should go to him -- unless you want them (-:.

'dpkg-buildpackage -m' doesn't set yourself as the maintainer as far as
the BTS is concerned, though. It does mean you get the automatic
notifications from the installer. Also, if Maintainer: in the .changes
differs from Maintainer: in the control file (via the .dsc), the upload
will be registered as an NMU, which I think is wrong for a sponsored
upload.