Re: Bug #120311 and #118431

Speed Blue (2001-12-20 12:20:25 +0100) :

> 	I have fix bug #120311 by a patch (I am not an official
> developper) and this patch (corrected by apt team) fix also bug
> #118431.  How should I roceed ? merge the teo bug of send the patch
> to 118431@bugs.debian.org ??

  Send the patch to one of these bugs (or even both if you like), and
suggest that it also closes the other.  The maintainer will then merge
the bugs if they are really the same.  If they are different problems
that your patch fixes, he'll just close two bugs instead of one with
his next upload.

  As a general rule, you should not act on bug reports.  Add as much
info as needed/useful, but do not close/merge/reassign/whatever a bug
report, as it is the maintainer's job.  Unless it's your bug report
and you know it's either an error while submitting or you can prove
that the bug has been fixed.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Sauvez les castors, imprimez en recto-verso.