Re: How to get rid of mozilla-browser?

>>>>> "Jérôme" == Jérôme Marant <jerome.marant@fr.thalesgroup.com> writes:

  Jérôme> Hi, A recent installation of mozilla-browser failed on my
  Jérôme> system.  It seems that it squashed its own alternative file.

  Jérôme>   As a consequence, I can: - neither purge the package: dpkg
  Jérôme> tells me that the package is in an unconsistent state, and
  Jérôme> recommends to reinstall the package.  - neither reinstall a
  Jérôme> new version since update-alternatives is failing on the
  Jérôme> squashed alternative file.

  Jérôme>   How can I resolve the problem?

  Jérôme>   Would feeding the alternative file with consistent
  Jérôme> information be a solution? If so, can a mozilla user show me
  Jérôme> its content?

I've had similar problem with another package. I finally edited the
prerm scripts so that it did not call update-alternatives and I could
remove the package. Yes, I know, it is a little blunt :-)

--
Laurent Martelli
laurent@bearteam.org              http://www.bearteam.org/~laurent/