Re: Problems with config.cache

On 25-Oct-2001 Colin Watson wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 05:24:09PM +0200, honey@debian.org wrote:
>> Lintians says:
>>
>> E: lgenereral source: autoconf-generated-file-in-source config.cache
>> E: blah blah blah config.status
>>
>> When I edit original source not to have these files, I have a problem
>> while uploading the updated version:
>>
>> Rejected: md5sum for
>> /org/ftp.debian.org/ftp/pool/main/l/lgeneral/lgeneral_0.5.0.orig.tar.gz
>> doesn't match lgeneral_0.5.0-2.dsc.
>
> You can't re-upload an .orig.tar.gz with the same name as the old one. I
> recommend you simply delete them in your clean rule; unlike copyright
> problems, there's no urgent need to delete them from the upstream
> tarball.

Which leads to a problem in the lintian check.  When lintian unpacks the source
neither debian/rules nor the debian.diff is used.  So while you have
effectively fixed this problem lintian does not know that.  The people on
non-intel arches love this check but it is quite the headache for those of us
with upstreams who do not keep clean sources.