dpkg / dselect

Dear Madams/Sirs

In running dselect I get the following output when asking to install lpackages.

Elshaddai:/home/stephen# dselect

Reading Package Lists... Done

Building Dependency Tree... Done

The following packages will be REMOVED:

  debiandoc-sgml dpsclient emacs20 esound gcc-doc gconf gnome-control-center

  gnome-core gnome-panel gnome-panel-data gnotes gnucash gtkhtml imagemagick

  imlib-progs imlib1 libcapplet0 libgconf11 libgdk-pixbuf-gnome2

  libglade-gnome0 libglade0 libgnome-vfs0 libgtkhtml-data libgtkhtml13

  libgtkhtml14 libgtkxmhtml1 libmagick4g libungif3g libwraster1 mgetty-viewfax

  mtools packaging-manual pnmtopng tetex-bin tetex-extra tk8.2 tk8.3 wmaker

  xaw3dg xdm xf86setup xfonts-base xlib6 xlibs-dev xmcd xmh xnest xprt xterm

  xtrlock

  aalib1 archie autoconf2.13 autotools-dev cftp chbg console-common darxite

  defoma deity deity-curses dftp dia dia-common doc-base dxftp expect gftp

  gftp-common gftp-gtk gftp-text ghostview gimp gimp-data-extras groff-base

  host ifupdown ipchains klogd lam3 libcap1 libdarxite1 libdns4 libexpat1

  libghttp-dev libgimp1 libgimpprint1 libhtml-tagset-perl libisc3 liblcms

  libldap2 liblwres1 libmailtools-perl libmng1 libmpeg1 libnetpbm9

  libparted1.4 libpcre3 libqt2 libsasl7 libsigc++0 libssl0.9.6 libttf2

  libxerces-java libxml-regexp-perl lukemftp ncftp ncftp2 net-tools

  netkit-inetd netkit-ping noctftp openldap-guide perl-doc portmap

  python1.5-base qcad task-newbie-help wxftp-doc wxftp-gtk xaw-wrappers xftp

  xserver-common-v3

391 packages upgraded, 73 newly installed, 50 to remove and 8 not upgraded.

Need to get 162MB/179MB of archives. After unpacking 10.1MB will be freed.

Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

I defineately want to keep gnucash.

I seem to have this problem after adding unstable and testing distrributions to sources.list  or removing them. (I had to go to unstable to get the later gnucash).

Has this been reported as a bug?

xdm is also on list to be removed.

I have also lost the 'exit window' option on menu so I cannot log out.
Hos do I get it bacik?

Cheers

Stephen Brown