Re: [RFC] Hits/directions to using autoconf and friends in Debian

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> writes:

> They should use --buind and --host because that saves on a very
> CPU-expensive call to config.guess in the autobuilders.

CPU-expensive??  I really wish people would give up trying to justify
things with the incredible BS excuse of "saving CPU cycles on the
autobuilders".  Hint: auto-builders, in general, are not in short
supply of CPU cycles, quite the reverse.  In the few cases where
that's not true, the problem is gargantuan overly-frequently uploaded
(C++) packages (mozilla, kdelibs, qt-x11{,-free}, etc.), not the
default use of -g in CFLAGS, not the lack of --host or whatever else
people want to scapegoat next.

--
James