Re: How granular should a package{,set} be?

Erich Schubert <erich.schubert@mucl.de> writes:

> Well, i think the basic principle is "split everything that people
> might want to install independantly or that can be upgraded
> independantly"

Mmmm...I'd rather go for a basic principle of "Use as few packages as
possible, but no fewer".  There's no need to create multiple packages
(which lead to more overhead, more space in the Packages file, another
directory in /usr/share/doc, another place in the BTS to check, etc)
when the majority of people will install them all (or not) anyways.