Re: Compiling on hppa

Stijn de Bekker <stijn@debian.org> writes:

> Apparently, the building of my htdig package fails on the hppa
> architecture (as is also noted by bug #105045):
>
> http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=htdig&ver=3.1.5-3&arch=hppa&stamp=1002598209&file=log&as=raw
>

> My question is pretty simple; how can I create a chroot environment on
> sarti (the hppa machine) to fix this? I cannot compile regularly,
> because db2-dev is not installed.

As has already been pointed out, the easiest way to deal with gcc-3.0
problems is to try and reproduce it locally first.  Failing that, the
solution is to mail the contact for the machine[1] and ask them to
install what you need in base.

BTW, thanks for pro-actively dealing with the problem!

--
James

[1] e.g. http://db.debian.org/machines.cgi?host=sarti