Re: building a sponsored package

> I think that's Maintainer: in the control file (and the .dsc). It makes
> sense to me that the maintainer of a .dsc is the person primarily
> responsible for the package, while the maintainer of a .changes is the
> person responsible for uploading this particular build. This also

The Maintainer schould always be the same, i think.
Either someone maintains a package or he doesn't.

> matches the fact that porters typically upload with their name in the
> .changes Maintainer: field.

Because they upload with the Architecture limited to what they uploaded.
They are somehow the maintainer of the package for that specific
architecture.

for example Non-Maintainer-Uploads:
the Maintainer shouldn't change - but the Changed-By: field has to get
the Name of the Person doing the NMU.

So i think that's straightforward.
The Maintainer is "responsible" for the package, the Changed-by:
responsible for his changes.
More specific is the Maintainer the Contact for Requests about that
package. And this is NOT the sponsor. Bugs should be adressed by the
sponsored new maintainer themselves. Sponsors just review the
maintainers work and do the upload.

Greetings,
Erich