Re: Database location

peter karlsson <peter@softwolves.pp.se> writes:

> [...], as FHS states that spool should be for more
> temporary data (this database file will be kept all time when the
> conferencing system is installed), however, news keeps its databases in
> /var/spool/news, so there's some precedent to use put it there.

The default mode of operation for Usenet news is to expire articles
after a number of days, so it is appropriate. You can of course
configure it to keep articles from some or all groups indefinitely,
but that's not the default.

/var/spool/texmf is more of a border case. These mf fonts seem to
linger there forever (I can't find a cleanup job for these).

--
Robbe