exim setup for remote outgoing mail

Hi everyone,
i'm new to this list, and i need help!
i've searched the archives and can't find a solution to this problem.
i've been using debian for a few years now, and have been able to handle all
the problems that have come my way......until now...

here's my situation...
i have my debian box behind a NAT device (LRP on an old 486)
i've set up some family with a free isp that blocks port 25 traffic
this isp does not provide a SMTP server for their users
these people use mailandnews.com for their e-mail and i don't want to switch
them over to softhome (the easy solution)

here's what i want to do...
set up exim to receive these people's outgoing mail and send it over to the
recipient.
i'll have my NAT device to redirect some port (like 2500) to the debian
machine running exim (i know how to do this)

here's the problem...
i can't get exim to send mail...all messages (including error replies) get
frozen
the closest i've come to solving this is using the satellite option, but that
only sends mail to mailandnews.com users!

can you give me some step-by-step setup instructions for doing this, or a
working version of exim.conf?
any info/links/help would be GREAT!

thank you,
-matt