Re: building a new debian package

On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 05:53:56PM +0200, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> you posted to the debian developers list. Please send questions of
> this kind to debian-mentors@lists.debian.org where beginners questions
> are welcome (cc is set in this mail).

Sorry about that.

> To answer your question: You have to set the DESTDIR variable when you
> install the binaries in the package build directory. Most probably
> this means calling "make install --destdir=debian/name-of-package"
> instead of just "make install"

Below is a cut from the debian/rules file:

[...]
install: build
    dh_testdir
    dh_testroot
    dh_clean -k
    dh_installdirs

    # Add here commands to install the package into debian/wmcpuload.
    $(MAKE) install prefix=$(CURDIR)/debian/wmcpuload
#   $(MAKE) install destdir=$(CURDIR)/debian/wmcpuload

[...]

I've tried both of the $(MAKE)-lines above, but none of them seems to be
working. Is there anything else I should do to put the single binary in
/usr/X11/bin ?