Re: What to do with sources that lack a copyright

On Fri, Sep 21, 2001 at 02:59:28PM +0200, Andreas Rottmann wrote:
> I'm right now trying to debianize sqlite (will post ITP later) and in
> the process change the build system to use automake (to make things
> more understandable ;-)).
>
> The sqlite source is uncopyrighted (quote from the homepage
> <http://www.hwaci.com/sw/sqlite/>: Sources are uncopyrighted. Use for
> any purpose.).

Also in the sources:

** The author disclaims copyright to this source code.  In place of
** a legal notice, here is a blessing:
**
**    May you do good and not evil.
**    May you find forgiveness for yourself and forgive others.
**    May you share freely, never taking more than you give.

> Can I simply put this explanation into the
> /usr/share/doc/sqlite/copyright file, or should I choose a licence
> (e.g. GPL/LGPL) for the packages? I could justify that by the
> not-so-small changes in the build system.

Maybe it could be considered a derived product. So you could use
the copyright you like IMHO.

--
Francesco P. Lovergine