Re: Upstream changelog

On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 07:16:49AM +0200, peter karlsson wrote:
> > without seeing the files, why is changelog not "human readable"?
>
> Well, because it has a lot of noise, with minor changes to files that
> are not interesting for those that do not download the source package.
> The NEWS file, on the other hand, just lists the actual compound
> changes between releases.

In all the packages I've seen with something like this, the ChangeLog was
included as changelog.gz and NEWS was included as NEWS.gz.

Detailed source-only changes to the package can be interesting to people
looking to find if there was any activity on a particular part of the code
or something like that. While the possibility that someone will actually
need this is pretty remote :) I'd say include them both unless they bloat
the package size tremendously.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.