Re: Packaging ns-2 network simulator

> I've managed to create working packages for the ns-2 network simulator and
> it's two dependent packages "otcl" an extension to Tcl, and "tclcl" an
> interface between otcl and C++. They work OK and pass almost all lintian
> checks (a couple of missing man pages and some cleanups to do). I know have a
> couple of questions:
>
> 1. Is anyone interested in these packages or are they purely of minority
> interest to academics like me?
>
> 2. The ns binary is called "ns" which conflicts with a binary from the host
> package. I've renamed the binary and man page to "ns2" which works, but I'm
> wondering if anyone has any good suggestions on if this is the right way to
> go about this.

Indeed one might associate ns2 with ns.
Why not netsim? That is not as short as basic Unix command are but not being that short serves the purpose here: it will not get in the way for the majority of users and it is short enough and a bit descriptive for those who will use it.
--

	Shaul Karl <shaulka@bezeqint.net>