Re: About NM, email and spam

also sprach Ludovic Drolez (on Tue, 24 Jul 2001 12:38:52PM +0200):
> As all emails are listed at http://www.debian.org/devel/people , I'm afraid
> of receiving spam. Should I use a free email account like 'ldrolez at
> hotmail.com'
> or my lifetime email 'ludo at drolez com' ?

um, your clear text email is part of this message and the one you
sent, and since debian-mentors is archived, spammers could find a lot
more addresses there than at http://www.debian.org/devel/people.

you have to implement spam protection at the server level - your email
address is everywhere anyway...

"if you stick a stock of liquor in your locker,
 it is slick to stick a lock upon your stock.
      or some joker who is slicker,
      will trick you of your liquor,
 if you fail to lock your liquor with a lock."