Rejected Upload

Hello all,

I upload a package (rdesktop_1.0.0+19.6.6-1_i386.deb or thereabouts) and
it is rejected 48 hours later due to having been built with dpkg-1.9.14.
I've upgraded to 1.9.15. I want to rebuild and upload again... but:

 - do I increment the debian verion to 2?
 - do I tell dpkg to include the original source again?
 - is it likely to make woody (or, when should I have new packages
uploaded by if I want them to make woody)? as the packages don't exist
currently they will need to be manually added.
 - how long is it likely to take for the first upload to appear in
unstable? I remember reading 1 month - is this accurate?

 - samj