Autoconfig 2.13 failing to detect tcl/tk

Hiya,

I'm trying to put together a package that uses tk, but the config script
that comes with the upstream package doesn't detect tcl or tk properly...
The tests are just completely wrong... I guess the Debian packages for
tcl/tk put things in non-standard locations?

Anyhow, I imagine there are lots of packages that rely on tcl/tk in Debian,
so is there a common or "correct" fix for this?

Some details for those interested:

./configure looks for the files /usr/lib/tclConfig.sh and
/usr/lib/tclConfig.sh, but on Debian they are in
/usr/lib/tcl<version>/tclConfig.sh and /usr/lib/tk<version>/tkConfig.sh.
I got around this problem by specifying --with-tcl=/usr/lib/tcl8.3 and
--with-tk=/usr/lib/tk8.3, so it found the configuration scripts, but it
doesn't do any good because ./configure looks in /usr/include for the tcl.h
and tk.h files rather than /usr/include/tcl8.3 and /usr/include/tk8.3...

There's no handy ./configure option to specify these paths, so I think I'm
left with the option of patching the script to use these paths (which I
don't think is a good solution) or getting a more recent version of the
configure script that handles tcl correctly on Debian...

Any recommendations?

-- Brett