Re: Change of package name or command name.

"T.Pospisek's MailLists" <tpo2@spin.ch> writes:

> On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, Yooseong Yang wrote:
>
> > I have something wrong in my package(poedit) related to package name.
> > Among thousands of debian packages, potool has the same command
> > name - poedit -  as my package command name.

A command being equal to a package name is no problem. Only when two
packages contain the same command. But looking at the packages, you
mean that anyway: poedit and potool both contain /usr/bin/poedit.

> You don't have to change the package name. Just change the command-line
> name.

If it makes no sense to have both installed at the same time, you may
also conflict with the other package.

But since both poedit binaries seem to provide similar functionality,
alternatives may be an option. I'm not sure, but in this case, both
binaries (or maybe wrappers) should probably have similar commandline
options.

--
Robbe