Re: Fwd: ITP: glib2, gtk2, inti

On 06/05/01 Michèl Alexandre Salim wrote:
> > Please LART upstream heavily and give the packages a
> > proper name.  That
> > tradition has done it wrong is no reason to continue
> > doing it the
> > wrong way.

The version numbering used upstream is completely reasonable:
check the archives for the discussions, non need to replay them
again.

> Well this is a bit late :) Following the current
> Debian package names I am calling them libglib1.3,
> libgtk+1.3 since they are not backward-compatible with
> the 1.2 series yet might change prior to version 2.0

Note that probably all the gtk 1.3.x releases will be incompatible,
so the package names should include also the micro number.

lupus

lupus@debian.org                                     debian/rules
lupus@ximian.com                             Monkeys do it better