Re: Should libfile-temp-perl be removed ?

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 04:26:37PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Julian Gilbey wrote:
> > > I'm currently the Maintainer of libfile-temp-perl which as of perl 5.6.1 is
> > > included in the main Perl distribution.  As the package is now redundant
> > > should I file a bug against ftp.debian.org asking for it's removal.
> >
> > Or replace it by a dummy package which says "you can remove me now".
>
> A nasty hack that should not be necessary in this case.

Thanks for the advice,

[ I'm CC'ing debian-perl in-case the Perl Maintainer's have any views, I
guess any other discussion should happen there ]

OK, I'll file a bug against ftp.debian.org acessing for libfile-temp-perl's
removal after perl-modules 5.6.1-3 has reached testing.

--
Jon

     "Along with freedom of speech and freedom of assembly, there is
      freedom to share generally useful information with other people.
      This should be an inalienable right."
      Richard M. Stallman, creator of the GNU Public License.